Military – Home Buyers Guide
My goal is to send you home having had a successful and relatively stress-free house hunting trip so that you will tell others, and I will be your real estate agent for life!
Here are just some of the ways I will help you with your move:
I will send you listings via e-mail before you even get here so that you are completely up-to-date on what is for sale in this area.
I will help you find the best building inspectors, the best mortgage brokers, the best lawyers, and any other associated professionals you require.
I know the schools and amenities in and around the Quinte region.
I possess a wealth of knowledge, and I can negotiate in your best interests.
I will provide solds in the area you wish to buy so you know the history of the neighbourhood.
I will help you find the best, and most conveniently located, hotel on your list.
I can send you maps, newspapers, and any other information you may want.
House Hunting Trip (HHT) Checklist
Through our preferred partnerships we can recommend local professionals who are familiar with the Integrated Relocation Program to help you with your purchase. Using a local lender may be more efficient since you are under time constraints on the HHT and they know the area better. Bring the contact information for any lender you may have chosen outside of the area.
If you want to shop for a lender on the HHT bring along:
- A valid copy of your posting message.
- A copy of your most recent mid-month pay statement showing all entitlements and deductions.
- Proof of mortgage pre-approval or down payment. This should be either a copy of your current bank statement or bank book, or if your funds are in an investment, bring a statement showing all the details.
- If the down payment is coming from the equity in your present home please bring a copy of your most recent mortgage statement showing the outstanding balance, the term, the monthly payments and the interest rate.
- If your home has sold but the transaction is not yet complete bring a copy of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, plus copies of any Amendments showing the removal of any and all “conditions”.
- If you have any outstanding personal obligations such as car loans or credit card balances please be sure to bring statements showing your current balance and repayment schedule.
Send us the MLS #’s of the homes you want to visit ahead of time so that we may review and comment on them. We will arrange them in a tour order that is most logical and provide you with any additional information we have on each property. This will make more efficient use of your time while on your HHT
- Advise us of any special housing requirements you may have prior to arrival. For example, special school or medical needs, if you require high speed internet, day-care, or have second language concerns, etc.
- Agreements of Purchase and Sale require a deposit. The amount of the deposit varies, but is usually $500.00 or $1,000.00. Bring your cheque book for the deposit and to pay for the home inspection and/or well test if you choose to have them on your HHT.
- We can suggest a hotel if required.
- Keep a short list of 6 homes in your mind and put the remaining homes on a “B List” or reject the home all together. This will make your search less confusing.
- Bring slip-on shoes to get in and out of homes quicker.